Greetings!!!

Greetings!!!

Fren's

Monday, July 30, 2012

Fractured Halos

This is a piece of poetry I constructed for a benefit going on tomorrow.  Really excited to be a part of this experience and working with the talented young man organizing the event.  This piece definitely took me far out of my comfort zone.


Fractured Halos



Turn off the sun pull the stars from the sky

It comes down to this

My gods a shallow little bitch trying to make the scene

just a fading fucking reminder of who I use to be

I lost my ignorance, security & pride

the more I give to you, the more I die

It took you to see the light

Beneath the stains of time

My whole existence is flawed

I just want something I can never have

& if I can't have everything

but I remember everything

Just watching it burn in my steady systamatic decline

I tried, I gave up

Hey GoD, I think you owe me a great big apology

all my fears came true

& all the worlds weight is on my back

gotta listen to your big time, hard line, bad luck, fist fuck

I am every fucking thing & just a little more

You're so vain

What am I suppose to do, I lost my shit because of you

This is the first day of my last days

No comments:

Post a Comment